Rabu, 14 Juli 2010

how to restore the missing panel in ubuntu

Today i tried to install a program called docky for my notebook with ubuntu operating system lucid. The function of this program is actually to change the display my ubuntu became like the look in mac os. After i followed the steps at ‘www.howtoforge.com’ and it worked, but after some time i change my mind and i want to remove that program from my notebook.
I already deleted this software, but my panel is dissapeared from the screen, so accordance with the subject “how to restore the missing panel in ubuntu ?? ” , i do this step :

1. Open the terminal (it is located in = Applications -> Accesories -> Terminal)


2. on the screen, type the following command :
ale@black:~ sudo rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel

3. restart the computer and default panel will appear as previously.


This is an easy command to function very meaningful for me